Thursday 1 May 2008

Day 366 - LONG LIVE THE QUEEN! (cont'd)

Thursday 1 May
08:17 AM

Long live the Queen (cont'd)

Well yesterday was a grand day! A day worthy of our Queen. In the morning I watched the queen on TV at Margreet's place, visiting two Frisian cities. Then we went to the Frederik Hendrik straat, better know as the "Fred". A long long street with lots of shops, most of which are closed on Queen's day), where people just "plunk" down all they wish to sell. Here we walked past all kinds of stuff, perusing, commenting, buying, haggling for about 3.5 hours. Midway we enjoyed a cup of tomato soup, shared one piece of carrotcake between us, and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Fortunately what started out as a wet and drizzling day, turned out to be a day with little or no rain. Lots of people about, a lovely way to spend our natonal holidays. As we were about to leave to go home, it started to pour down with rain, the one single large cloudburst that day. We took shelter somewhere, waited for 15 minutes, and then as the rain almost stopped we cycled back. The sun even peeked out now and then, and I arrived at Margreet's house with all my treasures. We watched Core and Ocean's Eleven, had tea and japanese crisps (too darn many!). And I went home at 10:30 PM.

I find I enjoy spending time outside. I make conscious choices o go out and cycle, visit people. With less of me to "drag" out, there is more of me to enjoy! -grins-

Below you will find some photographs to illustrate the day.




Trash or Treasure ?

One man´s trash on the street, a treasure throve for me and hundreds and hundreds of others. There is food, drink, and lots and lots of things to look at. Things I would never let into mny house, or even in my trashbin. And indeed some items I took home. A list for you all:


1. DVD "Core" (price 1 euro)
2. DVD " Alexander" (Price 2 euro)
3. DVD " Emma" (Price 2 euro)
4. DVD "Ocean's Eleven" (Price 4 euro)
5. DVD "Ciske de Rat" and "Op hoop van Zege" (Price 2 euro)
6. DVD "Red Dragon" (Price 1,50 euro)
7. DVD "George and the Dragon" (Price 1 euro)
8. Villeroy & Boch Crystal bowl (Price 4 euro)
9. Miniture flower arrangement on quail's egg - orchids (Price 2,50 euro)
10. Miniture flower arrangement on quail's egg - crocus (Price 2,50 euro)
11. Green glass and silver filligrain necklace (price 1,00 Euro - needed some minor repair, done myself)
12. Single layer rhinestone (strass) necklace, perfect for eveningwear (Price 1,00 euro)
13. Crochet rucksack, formal wear/summer attire (Price 1,50 euro)
14. Pietro Erbacci Leather bag (Price 1,00 euro)
15. Wooden photoframe/photo folder (Price 2,0 euro)

What do you think about my nose for a "good buy"?



a real perfect state Pietro Erbacci Leather bag for 1 euro!




These two eggs are a real find, you can see by the size of my thunbnail how small and delicate the flowers are on top of the eggs. real craftsmanship by someone calle bianca )was on the back of one of the eggs




All my treasures bought , anothers trash sold - beautiful glass and silver necklace

2 comments:

M. L. Kandel said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day and gotten many a good items that you wanted. Have to find out how Oceans' 11 is. That is one movie I have not seen yet.

Sayre said...

Wow! I never find stuff like that. Those eggs are amazing.

I took my bike out for its maiden ride today! I LIKE this bike!

Twitter me!

    follow me on Twitter