Wednesday 30 July 2008

456 days - 65 weeks

Wednesday 30 July
~a day of reflection~
The heat and my weight
Today I gainedf 1 lbs. Now I know that I am retaining fluids like mad. I can feel it happening, and with the humidity and the temperatures as high as they are, rings do not fit, my bras are tight, and I feel like a balloon. But not to worry. I feel good overall, and have taken a very big positive step to give a major new impulse to my efforts.

I HAVE JOINED A GYM/SPORT SCHOOL/FITNESSCLUB. For years I have been telling myself those places are not for the fat and ugly, they are too expensive and ony fashion crazed women and vain muscle packed men parade there. Well, it was time to see if my prejudices were true.

Let me however state first, the adjective "ugly" I dropped years ago. I like my looks, they are me, and the please myself and others. People find me nice to look at, I make them feel good as a person. And THAT is enough for me. As for fat....well, it is just a word. And there are many variations to it, obese, overweight, lardy, pudgy, voloptuous, round, filled out, and I am sure you can name a few yourself. I don't care much which word people use as it al refer to the same thing, the amount of bodyfat they believe I should lose. Says nothing about what I feel, or think! I myself know I am overweight, it is a fact, and I mean to get rid of it.

As for the gym? It was a revelation. It is now 6 months old, and lots and lots of chairs, benches, weights, bicycles, tredmills, the works, rowingmachines, contraptions I have no idea of what they do, or what they are called, A sauna, a swimmingpool, lovely spacious dressing rooms, showers, and much much more. Lots of classes, like body pump, body shape, body balance, RPM, Body jet, aquarobic, spinning, body attack, ABS attack, body step, body combat. Lots and lots of terms which still have to be explained.

I am aiming for low impact excercising for now, maybe some walking, NOT running, on the tredmill, some cardio work outs and some muscle training. Oh yes, and swimming, and sauna. I can see it all happening! It has fired up my motivation and I feel GOOD. Most of all because I have conquered one of those old myths which I created myself. Fitness is just for the slim!

My intake will be somewhere next week, so I will keep you posted!

2 comments:

Sayre said...

See if your gym offers water aerobics classes. I have a friend who WAS a very large woman. Last time I saw her, I hardly recognized her. She had never really lost any weight before, but this time she's doing weight watchers and this water aerobics class 5 days a week and the transformation is absolutely amazing. After spending her entire life morbidly obese, we are seeing a hint of the absolutely tiny person who's been hiding in there all these years.

Nona said...

Your gym sounds fabulous!!! I've come to understand just how important exercise is to weight loss. Good luck!!

Twitter me!

    follow me on Twitter