Monday 25 August 2008

482 WW days & 22 F days - Thought I had bailed? WRONG!

Day maximum: 27,0 points
Day´s Bonuspoints used/saved: 0,0/0,0

(REQUIRED 6) water/tea: 3
(REQUIRED 3)
vegetables:0
(REQUIRED 2)
fruit: 0
(REQUIRED 2)
fat: 1
(REQUIRED 2)
calcium: 2

------------------------------------

I AM STILL HERE AND I AM FAMOUS *waves like a loon*

It is official, I am famousssssssssssss. The website http://www.wltips.com/ requested an interview with me ages ago. I kept dragging my feet, making all kinds of excuses. But finally I sat down to it and wrote my "thang". I thought long and hard about who to put down near the botttom as inspirational sites/blogs. Eventually I choose Sayre, Nona, Joy and Spidey.

EXTRA, EXTRA, Read all about it.
Willow featured on WLTIPS.COM!!

READ IT - CLICK HERE

Want to see it, read it, bask in my famousicity, IF that is a word even?

*strikes and Emmy pose in my slinky sexy black lil thing, wips back my long blonde hair, smiles seductively at my audience, and recites my pre written address to the nation, with tears in my eyes*

First of all, I wish to thank my parents, for allowing me to get obese, the chocolate industry for sponsoring my efforts, my............no, wait......that is not it!


*smiles warmly in my multi colored cardigan and jeans, yellow striped sneakers.makes sure my short dark blond hair is less unruly, and acts more Willow like*

Seriously though, thanks all who posted to my fed up post a few days ago. Believe me it helped. One post actually made me teary eyed. The feeling still lingers, especially as I the scale tells me I have gained weight this week, and I have not really a clue how. But then what do these scales know?

On friday morning early I did go to fitness and worked out well, Margreet was there as well. A dear friend who signed up at the gym as well. Right now she needs lots of positive enforcement and support, so she is getting it from me. We laughed and worked ourselves into a sweat, then I logged her training gear and mine home, along with all the stuff from the Asia store. All the "stuff" to make sushi that is; much cheaper too. Nori is about 50% cheaper. sushi rice about 25% cheaper.

After dropping all the stuff off at home, starting a load of washing, boy fitness does create a lot of washing, I hopped on my bicycle again to do the rest of my shopping. All was in by mid day, and I actually got a little nap before leaving again. Had a lovely dinner date with a colleague discussed science, work, and more science. Then peddled home, meeting Margreet on the way. We talked for quite some time, while watching "The king and I", and finally went to bed.

Saturday was the day of my birthday party. I had prepared much, but not all. Margreet and I had a ball making sushi for 11 people. in the end we made 240 pieces of sushi, nori rolls and finger sushi. We decided that we should start a catering business making the sushi. It was actually pretty perfect. Al in all it took us some 2.5 hours to make them. We set the table, prepared the living room. I had bought two beautiful orchids to flank the sushi setting, side orders of emping, shrimp crackers, a simple salade, the customary soy sauce, chili sauce, ginger and wasabi.





I was cutting some cold meat for the evening snacks when people poured in. All 10 of them in15 minutes time. My living room was filled to capacity! My balcony was the designated smoking area. During the evening we discussed my impending kitchen project, which will be starting in october. A lot of discussions on gas supply and electrics, ceilings and floors being ripped out, in short I put on a brave face and pretended to share people's visions that we could make it work. *grins* I am a bit........apprehensive. Can you tell?

During the party I found out that Ali, the third Musketet (as in female Musketeer) in our little band - Margreet, Ali, and me- was also intending to sign up with the fitness school. So arrangements were made to go there sunday morning 11 AM, Pieter would join us, just to see if he liked it, and Valentine would do the same.

Well, all were there, except Valentine, he travelled home on sunday morning after having spent the night on my couch. Sunday morning all were there, though Pieter was a wee bit late. Ali signed up for a three months period, and we combined we lost about a bucket of sweat. We did have great fun. I joined the body balance group for the second time (did last sunday too), and actually had the idea I was doing a little bit better. My balance is crap, it really is. I need to work on that one. We ended our routine with 20 minutes cycling, and hit the steam room and the sauna, and walked out new women, tired but content. Pieter had by then left I am sure, and we met up with his mother to go watch the movie Mama Mia a third time at the cinema. I was home by 6 PM, and actually.............too pooped to pop. Can you imagine that?

This morning no fitness. I am going there this afternoon, my back is too weak. Body balance, a mix of Tai Chi, Pilates and Yoga has made quite an impression on it. So I am giving it most of the day to recuperate and will do my fitness tonight.

So, here it is my justification for not blogging. Think I got away with it?

Food wise I have not done bad. Sushi will not break the bank, and dinner on friday was tenderloin and risotto, starters was soup, and I did not have any dessert. Yesterday was hard work at the gm after a breakfast of 4 slices of bread with chicken and some with jam. My only major transgression was getting my nose into a bag of chocolate covered peanuts. Bad Willow, bad!!

The read out of the scales at the gym showed me I gained weight, but additionally also showed me a greater percentage in muscle tissue, and less in fat tissue. Perhaps that is the explanation for the weight gain? IF there actually is any. I also know I am retaining water as my period is coming up. Well, we'll see. I just know I am doing my best, and I feel like I am doing GOOD!
Sushi for lunch tomorrow I think! I have to think what to eat now, have not had any breakfast yet.

------------------------------------



Breakfast
0,0 points
--------------------------------------

Lunch
9,0 points
--------------------
4,0 - 4 crackers and cheesespread light
5,0 - 6 pieces of sushi

Diner
0,0 points
-------------------------------------
0,0 - here
0,0 - here

Various
3,0 points
------------------------
3,0 - ricepudding

5 comments:

Kim Ayres said...

Sorry I wasn't by to comment on the other post.

I know the time passing can seem intolerable, but that's a false mindset.

It's not about the destination, it's about the journey.

And your life doesn't need to be on hold until you reach a size 0.

Everytime you eat healthily rather than junk, you are doing your body good. Already you look better, feel better and can move about more easily than you could a year ago.

The next year, 5 years, 10 years will pass anyway.

This is why it has to be a lifestyle and not a diet.

You've come an extraordinarily long way already.

Why wait until you're at some "ideal weight" before you allow yourself to be "pretty, attractive, alluring, sexy, a vamp, a babe, a seductress"?

Why wait until you're at some "ideal weight" before you allow yourself to be sociable, confident, self assured.

It is the act of taking care of yourself, the act of respecting your body, your mind, your soul, which is the important thing. The weightloss is then a side effect of that.

You will lose weight and eventually settle at some point which may, or may not, be your "ideal weight", but that part is almost irrelevant.

Pandora Woman said...

Dear Kim,

All of your individual wisdoms are true. I know it, I try to live by it. But as said, it just does not always work that way. Sometimes I want what is irrelevant, unrealistic, and shallow.

hugs,

Willow

dutchmarbel said...

Your sushi's look great (had sushi's myself tonight - coincidence doesn't exist ;) ).

In other good news: muscles *are* heavier than fat - and require more calories to keep in existance, which is another reason why it is nice to acquire them. When I was young, slim and beautiful I always was heavier *and* slimmer in the summer, when I did more sports.

Apex Zombie said...

Congrats on being featured on wltips.com! I hope I can one day get a spot on there as well :D

And that sushi really looks good!

Sayre said...

I'm back! We had a tropical storm and it knocked our power out for three very long days. It's still booming outside even as I type!!! We are warily watching the three blobs of cloud following Fay in the Atlantic and hoping that they will go in a different direction this time.

Happy Birthday! Another year more beautiful - another year closer to the real you! Your sushi dinner looks absolutely fabulous!

You seem to have gotten over your hump. I hope to be over mine shortly. It has been too hot and muggy to move. I realize that I definitely take air conditioning and warm showers for granted.

Anyway, I'm here, I'm back. You can read about the storm and our adventures at http://sayresmiles.blogspot.com. And I'll post again to my weightloss blog either tonight or tomorrow. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow - I won't weigh what I wanted to but I'm sticking with it!!!!

Twitter me!

    follow me on Twitter