Friday 14 August 2009

831 WW & 379 FF - Following FLG's blog

A Jogging Challenge. - Saints preserve us!

I read up on many blogs, and one of the in FLG's blog. he kept on talking about a C25K challenge, and dilligently I kept reading about it. And frankly I had no idea what it was. So, I decided to look it up, and it the Couch to 5 Kilometres running plan. As I was reading through a page explaining it, I noticed myself getting more and more exited.

You know what, I think I can do this. For 8 weeks in a row you follow a sort of training programme. If you fail to finish a week, no problem. You just repeat the week untill you can do it. The end result is being able to jog 5 km/3 mls!

Week one
On three seperate days, preferably allowing one day of recuperation the following jogging/walking schedule: Brisk five-minute warm up walk. Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes.

There is even a lady who has made podcasts to make it easier. The music will guide you on. It will be interesting to see if all my working at the gym has resulted in some stamina. Will let you know!

4 comments:

Sayre said...

This sounds like a great way to break into marathon training! I may give this a whirl!

Ali Molenaar said...

And you just thought your time at fitness first wasn't enough? Do you even have time to do this? Oh, by the way, I am sure you can do this, if you can find the time between FF, work and sleep.

celtic_girl said...

I am on my knees bowing - Oh hail the great Willow ! something like this seems insurmountable to me at the moment.I'd love to be in a position to do this this.

Ron said...

Good luck on th C25K, my knees wouldn't let me continue with it!

Twitter me!

    follow me on Twitter