Monday 5 May 2008

1 year, 4 days - Redecorating and holiday antics

Sunday 5 May

Goal 4: 1st centennial - loose 100 lbs/45 kg

My blog evolves, grows up

This blog started as a blog to relay the trails and tribulations of loosing weight. THAT will not change. However I feel I have evolved into a Health Watcher; which goes beyond mere Weight Watching. And so as my eating regime is just, though a major, part of my life, and also just, though a major, part of this blog.

From time to time I will tell you more of my every day life. What I notice foremost is how much more active I am. I enjoy cycling so much, and find that I can do several "activities" in a day with having to rest in between.

Today I had guests for dinner, went cycling and visited a nearby sea resort (small one), and did some DIY in my bedroom which is really coming along. All of this in the company of my two of my most loyal friends, Ali and Margreet. So meet the gang!





Meet Me, Ali and Margreet - and our respective feet Margreet, Ali, me

We call ourselves the three muskettets, and have been solid friends for some 10 years or more, the last 5 to 6 years we meet up regularly, have dinner together and watch movies at home. This last year we have started to go to the cinema on fridays, and eat out.

We phone eachother regularly and talk about the horrors of work, friends, and running a household. Ali is like me single, and like me happy to be so. Margreet is married with a Polish gentleman and every time she tells me of the wonderful world of married life I remember why it is I am so happy on my own!

This sunday was also rememberance day in Holland, may 4th. A wonderful sunny day, worthy of honoring those who died due to the stupidity of intolerance, hatered, racism, bigotry....in short conflict/war. We had planned to cycle for a while but sort of got side tracked at the ebacj reasort nearby......about 15 minutes cycling. We had something to drink, as well as an ice cream, and sta on a bench in the sun for an hour or so. Then we hit the shops.




Meet Margreet and Ali in brand new outfit at my place and at the beach resort looking all sunny and stuff





Our view from the bench we were sitting on, spending a lovely time commenting on other people's clothes

I did not buy any clothes. I feel it is a waste of money as I will not be able to use them next year anyways. So while Ali and Margreet bought new outfits, I fell in love with a beautiful African lady in green. She is now standing in my window sill. Ali bought her sister, wearing a red outfit.




I fell in love with her, isn't she gorgeous?

Redocorating a bedroom, MY BEDROOM

Getting active

The ladies-a-painting
Before AND after


Before AND after

Before................midways.....................and,
after!










4 comments:

Ali Molenaar said...

En mijn god, wat zijn we melig... Wel erg leuke foto's allemaal.

Kim Ayres said...

Well congratulations! Happy Blog day!

Sayre said...

Lovely - I do lots of home improvement stuff. It gives a great feeling of satisfaction. I think that weekend after next I will tackle my son's bathroom!

Good job shifting your focus. The results will be the same, but won't feel as forced. I've lost my weight by doing a little at a time. It works!

Nona said...

Sounds as though you had a really wonderful time with your friends.It's lovely when you've known someone for many years, there is such comfort being together.

Twitter me!

    follow me on Twitter