Friday 26 September 2008

513 WW & 54 FF days - A day from hell.........!

Recipe: a chairman with a head cold, a lady requiring first aid, and blogger with little sleep and a theatre visit.

This morning Fitness; but I did not get much sleep last night. I had a very interesting conversation with my best friend. Digging deep into our souls, hearts and psyches, finding fears, needs and mutual qualifications for future partners. -grins- I feel sorry for any future partners for either of us. These people should be near fantastic and/or perfect. Honestly I doubt they exist. But all of this resulted in a 3.5 hour intense discussion, most enjoyable, and in a way exhillerating. As a result I could not sleep right away, so I went to bed at near 3 PM. I allowed myself some 2.5 hours of sleep, and dragged my butt out of bed to go to the fitness. AND I actually felt like going even as tired as I was.

I did 15 minutes of cycling, my lack of sleep evident i the slow oace, and the near impossible task of getting my heart rate up to 115. I choose a programme called "Mont Blanc"means you gradually climb to the top, and then gradually descend; 115 kcal. Picking up the pace, this was followed by a treadclimber session of 20 mins at 3.5 km/hr 2mls/hr; 285 kcal. To be topped off by 20 mins of cross training, of wich I did about 8 mins without holding the handsupports (yay for me); 255 kcal. The last part I did to the great songs of Trijntje Oosterhuis, and the songs and lyrics of Stevie wonder. All of this totals 655 kcal.

Foodwise I am doing good. Some yoghurt, some milk, some dark dark chocolate, min tea and honey. So what is lacking is vegetables, fruit. I will be sure to make up on that today.

As for men and being ill, or getting a cold? My at present "headcolded"chairman is taxing at the best of days, but today he really iced the cake. With the stock exchange plummeting, and bacteria having a field day wth him he choose to take it out on practically every one. Me included. Time for me to step outside, take a few deep breaths, wipe away some tears of frustration, walk back in and try to have a rational discussion. Near impossible, but I am proud to say I stood my ground as far as is was possible.

The man is an immovable force, with a firm belief in his own infallabillity. The non perfect state of people such as me is a defect, not a perfectly acceptable fact for any human. If I would take this serious I WOULD blame myself for a mistake made, and give myself a firm thrashing *ahem*. As it is I accepted the scolding, but not the cursing and the over the top incriminations.

The trick is of course to regain composure and even regain my good mood. View the confrontation as just that, and not a full fledged war which it resembled. Leave it behind me, and continue with the more imporatnt facts of the day. Such as: FLOWERS for me!

Why? Yesterday we, read the chairman, had a guest for a meeting. The woman had taken a bad fall at Amsterdam station, but determined to keep the appointment kept going untill she was at our office. With a large wound on her knee, pantyhose ruined, painful shoulder, badle scraped handpalms, and a sprained ankle she looked quite dishevelled. I tended to her wounds and put a bandage on her ankle, applying some make shift genius on her shoe with rubber bands to keep it on her foot (there was no way the strap would fit) and cleaned her hands. And so today I got a huge bunch of flowers, really thoughtful. And with that in mind, the bad mood of my chairman becomes quite trivial. I will make a photograph of the flower and post them here later!

Tonight I am going to an amateur play in the theatre where Ali features in one of the leading parts. I hope to God I do not fall asleep! I am curius to see how she does. All in all a healthy slightly unnerving day, and it is only half way. And you know, I just realised something! usually a day like this one and the alteraction with the chairman would have made me binge on everything and anything which is bad/non healthy for me. In huge quantaties trying to console myself. Not anymore, the piece of chocolate I had was too small to call it comfort food, and it was biological, and 70% dark!

Emotion eating has always been a big issue for me. Let's face it, any emotion and I had a reason to treat or console myself. As they say in dutch "if a fart had lodged itself crooked up my arse"I had a reason to commiserate. Anything would go. Well, NOT this time!

HAH!

8 comments:

Sayre said...

Your tiny bit of chocolate shows you've been making some real strides in the emotional eating area!

All this is adding up, you know.

Get some rest tonight!!!!!

Anonymous said...

My dear Willow, so proud of you and at a loss without your support. It was a great evening with good company and feeling fine. Gosia

Ali Molenaar said...

I'm glad I kept you awake :-)
and that I didn't you give you my cold.
See you soon

"The Captain" said...

I hope everything is going well for you
Jeff

Brad Clements said...

Hang in there and get some rest, and when the Chaiman is being an ASS just think of something really funny like him sitting there in the nude.... :-)

ArleneWKW said...

Wow! You really sound emotionally strong and centered dealing with the stress of this day. I am mightily impressed that you did your fitness routine despite being tired AND remained appropriate in your eating. this is the important stuff, the attitude readjustment stuff. Getting rid of the lbs. will follow as a matter of course. A small suggestion (I hope you don't mind): I notice that you capitalize your GAINS in your chart to the left of your post. I think capitalizing your LOSSES would shift the focus to a more positive direction.

Sayre said...

Okay, Willow... where are you??? How are you doing? I hope you haven't succumbed to that awful cold that seems to be wending its way through your life...

Nona said...

;p That chairman sounds as though he needs a whip, but I am glad that the flowers arrived shortly after his acting out. That was indeed a nice gesture.

I too am an emotional eater. I eat if I'm happy, sad, lonely, tired ... you name it.

Your exercise routine is ADMIRABLE!!! 655kcal is FANTASTIC!!!

So how was the theatre???

Twitter me!

    follow me on Twitter