Saturday 19 September 2009

870 WW & 426 FF - 200 Plus Baby (day count adjusted) - WIllow's a 200 BABY!

It is official, yesterday I was weighed at 135.6 kg/298.9 lbs.
I am no longer a 300 Lady, I am a 200 Baby!

So...................Remember this post?
Challenge 2009
"I am aiming to be 264 lbs/120 kg by christmas. A BIG challenge, it means I want to loose 45 lbs/20 kg in 18 weeks, may be a bit too presumptious. Will give it some more thought. I might set myself up to fall!"
I am actually behind schedule: I have now lost 4.4 kg/ 9.7 lbs. This means I am 2.6 kg/5.7 lbs behind schedule! I will rethink my efforts in 3 weeks and may re adjust the end total if need be!

Looking back, counting my blessings again





The last 10 months has been a difficult period. I gained 20 kg/45 lbs (where my total weightloss was once 32.8 kg/72.3 lbs) over a period of 10 months, setting the achieved weightloss back with 60%! And then decided I would not let it happen and lost it all again!

May this year was a special month for me, I visited a man who has been my friend on line for 10 years, and for 13 days I was in heaven, very selfishly, extremely selfishly, only thinking of me, of what I needed, what I wanted. My friend was there to cater to my every need. It made me realise that I AM SPECIAL. Made me realise how special HE is. And so renewed my self esteem batteries. When I travelled back home by plane for 17 hours, I had so much time to think. I painted the full picture. For the past 10 months I may have become an athlete of sorts, going to the gym as much as 4 times a week, but I had greatly neglected my health eating regime, geared to loosing weight. Just the gym was not enough, weight watchers, and a personal trainer were needed. And so I did both, I went to the weekly Weight Watchers meetings again, and found myself a personal trainer, Nanda.

I lost all the weight I gained, and by now a little more even, 8 kg/17 lbs. It is inn essencenot all that much.BUT, have a loook at my measurements!! Most of my weight is around my belly, my arms legs, upper body are by no means proportionally as big as my stomach. Compare the second and the third set of measurements. And you will see I lost 10 cm./4 inches MORE off my waist and hips.
It means that eventhough the weight last year august and this year august is almost identical, my measurements are not; it means I have considerable less fat!! I did not just lose 20 kg/45 lbs as I did the year before as well, but I lost it in a different way. May waist and hips have gone down! YES!!

Below is a comparison between May 3, 2007, August 9, 2008, and September 19, 2009. The first period was my Weight Watchers period, minding my food intake loosing weight that way, and a careful start with Fitness; the second was my Fitness First period, trying to shape my body by being an active sportive woman, however losing track of my weight loss efforst, only to veer back on track again in the last 4 months.


 

---------_--- -2007-2008-2009------------------------
\
Weight-- _________---
380.9 lbs
. ___315.7 lbs (17.0%)-____  298.9 lbs (21.6%)
Desired w.loss_ _____ 184.3 lbs______64.8 lbs (35.1%)______ 82.0 lbs (44.5%)

Upper arm___   ___     16.1 inch____ _14.2 inch (12.1%) ___  __14.2 inch (14.6%)
Waist_______    ____  59.1 inch._____54.3 inch (8.0 %)VV  __V50.4 inch (14.6%)
Hips ----------    ____  66.9 inch______61.4 inch (8.2%)_______57.9 inch (13,5%)
Right thigh_________ 29.9 inch__ ___27.2 inch (9.0 %)__  _  _ 27.2 inch (9.0%)

And me in photographs








4.6 kg/10.6 lbs to go, to have lost 50% of the desired total!

3 comments:

Sayre said...

I think you're seeing such a change because you are doing it right this time... You are including both the healthy eating and the exercise - and it's making a big difference!

Keep it up! You are going to just stun your friend the next time you see each other.

I'm glad to see you posting again. I wonder how you're doing and I find you a great inspiration!

Kim Ayres said...

Back under 300! Great news :)

Wishing you every success!

dutchmarbel said...

What great progress in getting back on track! I'm slightly envious, but it's an inspiration to see that it's possible.

Twitter me!

    follow me on Twitter