Saturday 26 September 2009

877 WW & 432 FF - Murder, bloody MURDER!

There should be a law against people like Nanda!

Or at the very least a law against the torment she puts people through in personal training. I mean it gets to be ridiculous when muscles ache I did not know I had, er even needed! -grins- on the inside of my leg, where the leg joins the body, there are muscles. Really there are, and they hurt! -points at Nanda- Her doing, drinving me to it!

yesterday I had a very important interview, so "sensitive" I will not even write down what it is untill I am certain I get the job. I am one of two candidates so keep your fingers crossed. Anyways, after the Interview, I was really worked up, I could feel the stress levels simmering in me, and as I had a personal training about 3.5 hour later and the gym was practically next door, I decided to go work out.

Of course I had forgotten, or rather chosen, to leave my swimming gear at home, so.......... I HAD to do the cardio and muscle thing. Swimming always seems so much easire. Problem, or rather challenge, was, I am still on the mend of a HUGE blister on my left heel. SO Making sure my shoes were secure and tight, not allowing the shoe to move even a fraction and start it all up again, I did some power walking, muscle machines, and rowing.

First time I did rowing, as I have always been anxious about my belly being in the way. But it was OK, not too bad at all. Not sure I actually like the excercise, but as it is an all round excercise, using many major muscle groups, I am sure I will be making it a part of my regular routine anyhow!

Then after 2 hours, I did rest some in between, of my own personal torture, I had my own personal coach torture me. Some really high impact excercises, involving my stamina as well. In short, by the end of the session I could not even perform the last exercise very well. Not enough umph left to keep my abdominals contracted, and as a result I could not keep my balance.

Today, I am planning to go to the gym in about an hour or so, and will be designing my own 4 sets of exercises. After about 25 personal trainings I kn ow I can make a set of excercises myself.  Will be showing them to Nanda. SO she can decide on the wisdom of them, and the combination of them. An interesting new phase, me as my own personal trainer.

1. squat with 55 lbs/25 kg on shoulders, top of my back, lunge and squat alternately - legs, ??  2 x 10, 2 x 5
2. kneel at resistance wall, high hand helds, pull waights down while kneeling - shoulders, upper back, abdomen 1 x 15, 2 x 10
3. lay down on step, with dumbell and pully weight - training, biceps, triceps  2 x 10, 1 x 5
4. sit on front of bose ball, 4 crunches, keeping only one foot on the ground, then pick up wightball (about 20 lbs) come to a full stand. abdimon, back, legs, arms  4 sets
5. resistance wall, lower hand holds, lunge step out, point

Oh as for weight?  - makes a sad puppy eyes face-  I GAINED 2 lbs. But know why, way too much partying and eating out! Will make up for it, I always do!  GYM time now, I will report back.

3 comments:

Sayre said...

I am so proud of you for sticking with the gym!!! Your workout sounds daunting to even me! However, I need to emulate you and start doing some strength training as well as the walking/jogging and diet watching.

I talked about you in my last post - you may see a tiny increase in traffic (as I have SO many readers, hahahaha!) and mentioned your Christmas Challenge.

Keep up the good work!

Ali Molenaar said...

I thought you had a really terrible title for your post, till I read the first line. :-)
I feel for you and with you. I miss sport with my ankle and I even miss Nanda

Tracy said...

You are awesome girl!

But that gain might be your newfound muscles....

Keep going, you can do it!!

Twitter me!

    follow me on Twitter