Saturday 12 May 2007

Day 10 - 5 Charms

Birthdays, they are quite a bother when you are trying to contain your intake of fattening foods. Because in contrast to just being at home, or at work, I just know I might run the chance of being confronted with a deluge of delicious foods which reek havoc with my healthy plans. So, when it was Ali's birthday - one of my "bestest" friends, I did several things.

1. I phoned her to know what kind of cake she had, what kind of dinner she would serve
2. Started to save extra points
3. Adjusted my food intake in the morning and at lunchtime.

I read through the grocery list to know how many points things were, so I would know which food items I could fit into the diet plan for the day.

In the end I went there after dinner, so I need not worry about that, AND I WALKED to her. I usually take a taxi or public transport. But this time I walked! This meant that the piece of pie I would have was already covered as the exercise granted me bonus points. smart, ain't I? At the party I had a lovely cup of tea or two with the apple pie. I ate it slowly, instead of gobbling it down in a hurry.

When the nibbles came, I had some mineral water instead of my usual coke, and my friend had some pepper strips and cucumber , so that combined with two crackers and very thin cream cheese, I did EXTREMELY well.

I decided to walk back as well, however halfway through I found I was just too tired and hitched a ride with public transport for two stops. I came home extremely happy and proud, tired too, but hey I had been a good girl, and did not go bananas over all the lovely food items she had.

And the funny thing is this: If you never actually walk to places, you will never know how strenuous it really is. Now that my feet have felt the distance once, I am sure I will walk to her again. Tomorrow I will be helping her clear her rooms, as she will get new carpeting this week, and guess what, I'll walk there!

Well, time for bed, and the only way to stimulate your digestion system is to get exercise, and the easiest is WALKING!

No comments:

Twitter me!

    follow me on Twitter