Sunday 13 May 2007

Day 11 - 5 Charms

Did you know coffee, tea and soda are natural diuretics? Which means when I try to increase my intake of fluids, I should try to do so while not drinking too much of either. The good news is I drink about 2 cups of tea a day, and have by now, not drank more than one or two glasses of diet coke. So I am doing pretty good.

Another news worthy tit bit of information on water intake? The process of burning calories requires an adequate supply of water in order to function efficiently; dehydration slows down the fat-burning process!! In other words, drink too little, loose less fat. So I will try and stick to my two litres a day.

It is advised that starting the day with a couple of glasses of water rehydrates the body after a good night of sleep, and takes care of the first 25% of your water intake for the day. Make sure you do it before you eat, not while you eat. Food should not be diluted with more than one glass of any fluid, allowing the digestive system to work as best as it can; too much dilution will thwart that.

*grins* As you see, I am up! I had my breakfast, and enjoyed my smoothie.

Do I think exercise includes moving stuff around in a house for about 4 hours (which includes several breaks to rest)? Heck yes, I do! So I jotted down 2,5 hours of heavy medium high exercise, and I was being modest there. As usual all this strenuous work was laced with lots of laughter and a lot of cursing and name calling. The latter two is a habit me and my best friends get into when we are together and do things like these; which I may add happens more often than you would think. A couple of dock workers would grin at the antics and name calling we get into. BUT back to the subject, if exercise ups your metabolism, mine was upped, in a big way.

Now dinner was another matter. We did not really have one, and so I probably had too little vegetables. We decided to just have nibbles. As I prepared it, I was able to "steer" the content to semi healthy. We had two dips, made with a yoghurt based mayonnaise, strips of carrot, small cauliflower pieces, a salmon salad, again mixed with the same mayonnaise, some blue cheese, and two kinds of crackers.

I made a very rough estimate of what I used in points this evening, and ended up with 13.5. I am doubtful about the vegetables as I did consume part of them but have no way of telling how much of them. I think I ate about 200 grams worth of it; TOO LITTLE.

BUT, I did not have the coca cola which was on the table, of all things straight in front of my face the whole time, about 4 hours long. I stuck to the mineral water, and I must admit it wasn't even difficult. I am feeling good about myself and the diet I am on, so it is, so far, easy going.

Went home, had a much needed shower, because lifting boxes and furniture is heavy perspiration work, some relax time, and went to bed. A good day, filled with exercise, what more would I wish.

With the weekend gone, I am halfway through the week, and am looking forward to Wednesday.

I never knew exercise could be THAT much fun. And I did not even have to pay for a sport school.

No comments:

Twitter me!

    follow me on Twitter