Tuesday 15 May 2007

Day 13 - 5 Charms

It is becoming more and more appearant to me that dieting for me is not about eating less, or eating different food. THAT is not the main problem, it is about the discipline of eating on time. I tend to just keep on doing what I am doing and then end up eating nothing, postponing the moment.

Today I saw it happening, let or made it happen. Breakfast started out as it should, a perfect balance of everything I should eat, but as I went to work, I did a small errant of office supplies first and then decided I would do my lunch shopping later. WRONG! I never did it, I just worked on, took what I call a break at 14:30, but did not do the shopping. so I ate nothing.

In the end I had two herrings on rye bread, and as I had had a huge salade for breakfast, I had no greens with it. I had some sorbet iceream, and a package of crisps (the right kind, if there is any such stuff). I did NOT eat more than I should, I still folllowed the weight watchers line. As I walked through the shop, at 19:30 (!!!) I noticed I did not feel like eating at all, and the herring was a choice because I had to eat, not because I was really wanting to eat.

So, it shows that I have to do my shopping when I go to the office before I reach it. Making sure I have something to eat at the office, because chances are I will find some excuse not to go shopping AND thus not to eat.

Tomorrow is weighing day, I am very curious, and again....a bit anxious. My gut feeling tells me I won't have lost much weight. Don't ask me why, although I think the erratic eating pattern of the last two days may contribute to that feeling.

NOTE to self, on a working day, make sure I have food items for lunch BEFORE I walk in the office doors!

No comments:

Twitter me!

    follow me on Twitter