Wednesday 9 May 2007

Day 7 - 5 Charms (weightloss 5.2 Lb or 2.4 Kg)

Yesterday evening was a disaster, I tried a recipe I found, and it was BLEAGH, I ate about a fifth of it, then threw it away; it was so bad it made gag. Which left me with two problems, how much points to put down, and what to eat instead. It was late, almost half past eight. In the end I had a small bag of quakers, 250 grams of tomatoes and the bread I was supposed to eat with my dinner. All in all I had 8 points left in the end. Not a good day, not at ALL.

This one should have been posted yesterday, and I know it will feature a surprise for some of you who read it. But I promised myself I would be honest, to myself foremost. It was not a good day, I did not eat enough, so by the time I went to weight watchers I was not feeling too hot.

I lost 2,4 kilos. And you know what, I was not even very happy with it.

I will explain why. I tried weight watchers once before about 15 years ago, and lost 7 kilos in the first week. All this past week I told myself that was a one off, and I could not and should not compare. BUT I did, and so 2,4 kilos was a disappointment. I had a word with the coach asking if my menstrual cycle has an impact on weight loss. She said yes, it means I am retaining water from a week prior to the start of it. Guess what? That would have been about the time I was weighed first time. So that extra weight will be off next week as well.

Am I disappointed enough so I would stop? Heck no, of course not, of course I am happy with the result, and next week I hope to get close to it.

I bought a point’s calculator to make my daily use easier to keep track of. Have to get through the manual today as it does not make my much sense right now. It also has some added features which help me to keep track of points I have saved.

I noticed that drinking enough fluids is not easy for me. So I have measured a water container at home, as well as a glass I always use, and now know I have to drink at least 6 of these glasses to get 2 litters of (preferably) water into me. It says in the booklet that I should drink water before I am thirsty! Now there is a problem, sometimes I find that doing so makes me want to gag. I just don't like it much.

I made a full colour hand out, a strip on thick photo paper, which I give to people to interest them in this blogger. The first one I gave to Sandra, a girl who sat next to me the first time I visited weight watchers last week. The "strip" features the address of this blogger for all who wish to read it.

I was so happy she sat next to me. She is a nice woman, and helped me feel less nervous, though I doubt she realised that. Like me she had come back too after gaining weight again. Only I don't think it was a 15 year interval as was my absence from Weight Watchers.

This week and last week she told me of her brother who also wants to come, but has an excuse every time. A shame really, I think he should just come. But in time he will run out of excuses, and when he sees how well his sister is doing, he will probably tag along one time. SO Sandra, when you read this, tell your brother he should just come! He is famous already featuring in my blogger, which is read by a handful now.

Having eaten as little as I did all day, I used all saved points as well, and had asperges, ham, eggs and melted butter, as well as a salad with the last of the stilton which had been in my fridge pre weight watchers. It was lovely!

Count your blessings, and your points, and 2,4 kilos is well on my way to my next Pandora charm, only 1 kilo more!


No comments:

Twitter me!

    follow me on Twitter