Thursday 10 May 2007

Day 8 - 5 Charms

I have two days off, that paired to the weekend means I have FOUR days off. Part of which I will spend helping a friend move stuff around in her home, so the can put a wooden strip floor in. The rest I will use to do some cleaning, relaxing, and work on some of the details of my diet. Breakfast was again a pleasure, three sandwiches, and my trusted yummy smoothie, the rest so far has been quite uneventful.

In the morning as I make my smoothie I fill two tall glasses with it, putting one in the fridge for later. When I step into the house I know there is something sweet and yummy waiting. Helps me to not buy stuff I should not as I do my shopping. So now I have to think about lunch, read through the manual for the point’s calculator, and put last weeks efforts in it. Oh yes, and I have to measure some body parts, see if there is some difference. To be honest, I know there is as my clothes fit easier, so I am curious.

I will also work on a shopping list based on last week’s food list; having jotted down everything I ate will help. As you see a busy bunny, well for a day off that is. One thing I can tell you, it is not warm where I live. A little sunshine would do me well.

Had myself a lovely dinner, stir fried chicken (2), carrots, onions and garlic, with a small dash of ketjap (*) and sesame oil (1), and some rice (2). With it I had a lovely green salad with some yohurt dressing (1). It was all divine. What strikes me as amazing is that it can be so very taste, and I realise it has become an ingrained idea that healthy food is not tasty. Even more so than the habit of using sugar or salt when it is not needed at all, this way of thinking has to budge. That may prove hardet than most people think.

I remember from my first WW adventure some 15 years ago, that the yoghurt with fresh lychees, pineapple, strawberries and a dusting of sugar replacement was to die for, it really was. Oh, yes and a marvellous recipe for chicken and ham pasta from the microwave.

Just so all readers know: Healthy food can be extremely tasty!

I have decide to save the 4 points a day standard, because I know I will go out to dinner every week once, and this will usually be pizza. Forwarned is forarmed. This week one of my best friend's birthday is this saturday, so it is a good thing to have some spare points for that occasion as well. I phoned her asking what was for dinner, she did not know yet, but depending on her cooking plans, I will either come before or after dinner. Whatever it will be, I plan to have a light but filling breakfast, and a small lunch, so I will have some points left for nibbles that evening. Probably will open some of my WW books to look for a filling breakfast with small points count.

I have some points left over and may treat myself to some hot skimmed milk with 30 grams of pure dark chocolate melted into it. That is if I finish my water first! So time for me to go do other things, and do some water drinking!

Bye all, and for me planning ahead is the key to healthy eating!

No comments:

Twitter me!

    follow me on Twitter