Monday 7 May 2007

Day 5 - 5 Charms

Now here's a challenge, how do you eat healthy when you are in a RUSH! Phonecall this morning rudely obliterated all ideas of getting started easily. Fortunately I had my breakfast all mapped out. So it is just a matter of foraging for the right food in my cupboards and fridge, eating it as calmly as time allows, and then getting the heck out of here. Hope to post later. But it is true, it pays to plan ahead!

Feeding myself in a hurry, enjoy your breakfast, don't overeat!

Have a meeting at lunch, and lunch is provided. HELP! OPTIONS: I can cancel the meeting and ask them to move it to a non eating moment, OR I can just go, take a Wasa cracker with me (which I brought from home) and nibble on it while we meet. Of course the latter, a coward I am NOT!

Now here's a topic for you: exercise! And the easiest two are bicycling and walking. I don't even own a bike, so that one is out. At least outside that is, I do own a hometrainer, and a darn fine one too. All I need to do is use the thing! I just can't set myself to it, I always have an excuse

"I worked hard enough today"
"I am just up, give me a break"
"Means I will have to drag it all the way from where it is to the TV"
"I have to do the dishes, the laundry, or I am just too lazy"

As for walking, the plain truth is, after about 10 minutes, some part of my body starts to protest, usually my feet, but at times also my hip. BUT let it be said I walked to my appointment at the ministry, TO and FRO. And felt very proud too. Silly, I know, most people I know enjoy walking at least half a marathon. The itty bitty distance I walked is a stroll to them. To me,it is NOT, NOT YET that is!.

I have set myself a goal, when I have lost the first 10 kilo's I will start to walk from the station to my work, and back again. Untill such time I will use my home trainer 5 minutes each day, at least. I fear this last resolution is harder then the whole diet in itself. Morning times just before my shower seems like the best time. Which means have to get enough sleep, or "I am just up, give me a break" will certainly prevail.

All this proves conclusively, it is not just about changing your food and eating habits, but general habits as well.

Read the link:
Eating and habits: Change them

Too late! It is 9 o'clock PM, and only now do I eat. Question is why? Well, simple, I doddled at work, got home late, and by then was tired and just plonked down. WRONG, should have made the salade I am eating first, and then do the "plonk"thing.

I am eating a salade, with smoked chicken, and lots of delicious green things, and tomatoes. I will stay up a little later, to give my system a change to digest what I am eating.

I am telling more and more people about this blogger. At the moment I am so sure I will succeed I amd not afraid to share the journey. I find I lool forward to writing these little posts, and evenmore look forward to breakfast! *grins*

Sleep well, no eating in the evening!

No comments:

Twitter me!

    follow me on Twitter