Tuesday 26 June 2007

Day 55 - 13 Charms

-------------------------------------
CLICK HERE to read my Blog in DUTCH
-------------------------------------

To comment on today's blog CLICK HERE

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




As most of you know by now I started my weightloss programme about 7 weeks ago through weight watchers. To keep myself from seeking rewards in FOOD, I purchsed a pandora bracelet ( on sale: the bracelet for free when you buy 5 beads).

Instead of rewarding myself with cake, fried food, snacks, soda's, I reward myself with a Pandora Charm for every 3.5 kilo's I lose in weight. And it works! You have no idea how rewarding the bracelet is to me. Not only does it look well, and every charm has a special meaning to me, but the weight of it reminds me of my goal whenever i reach for something which i should not. I am aware of it when I do my shopping, when I prepare food, or when I eat it. It is like a constant guardian angel, a kind of talisman.

When I lost 10% of the total amount I want to lose I rewarded myself with a silver and gold charm (silver ball with golden crown, nr. 201). And every 10% i will do the same.

Last friday i went to town and bought 4 charms, of which I could put two on my bracelet as I lost 8 kilos in the past two weeks. The other two are in my desk drawer burning a whole in my mind, as I would so much like to put them on (it is a blue and green murano glass bead - nr. 902 - and a silver ice crstal bead - nr. 258 -! It stimulates me to adopt and maintain my healthy eating habits.

Yesterday I bought 10 spacer charms on ebay, and I still have 4 which I bought earlier. I will award them to myself, one for every hour I spend on my training bike. I can build up the hour in several days, but if I take a day of rest, I start from scratch again. I will start on July 2nd with my training programme, as I hope to be 100% well again.

When I have lost half of the total amount (FORTY kilo's) I promised myself another Pandora bracelet - as I think the first one will be quite filled- or a Pandora necklace.

**********************************************************************************
Weight Loss Resolutions
1. every 3,5 kilo; a silver charm
2. every 8 kilo; a gold and silver charm
3. every hour on my hometrainer; a spacer, hour can build up in several days, a day of rest, I start from scratch
4. at 40 kilo; a new bracelet or necklace
**********************************************************************************My first target is to bring my weight down to below 150 kilo by october 1. However I think I may have to think about that date again, as I need to lose only 7,2 kilo in 13 weeks. That is CERTAINLY possible.

What do I need to do? Apart from having a very well filled wallet, to stick to my healthy food regime in such a way that it will make me lose weight now, and later when I have reached my target keep me healthy and active. All in all I find that healthy eating is starting to be a habit for me, and every day routine that needs liuttle to no thought. Now all I need to do is drink my 2 liters of water a day!

Boy, is that hard!

Oh yes, here is a picture of my bracelet now.




Smoothies (2 x 2 dl)
2,0 points
-------------------------------------
1,0 p - 2 dl. optimel soft curd
1,0 p - 2 dl. optimel yoghurt
0,0 p - kiwi, strawberries

Breakfast
9,0 points

-------------------------------------
4,0 p - 4 slices rye bread
0,5 p - 10 gr. linera
2,0 p - 40 gr. sausage (WW)
2,0 p - 1 frusi
0,5 p - 15 gr. chicken (WW)

Lunch
8,0 points

-------------------------------------
0,0 p - 200 gr. tomatoes
0,0 p - 50 gr. cellery sticks
6,0 p - 150 gr. meat loaf chicken
2,0 p - 2 cs mayonaise

Diner
9,0 points

-------------------------------------
3,0 p - 3 cs olive oil
0,0 p - 200 gr. mushrooms
0,0 p - 200 gr. tomato
3,0 p - 150 gr. chicken
3,0 p - 1 WASA sandwich

Various
0,0 points

-------------------------------------
1,0 p - 1 WW Candybar

-------------------------------------
29 points: 4 glasses water, 3 vegetable - 3 fruit, 2 fat, 2 calcium
-------------------------------------

1. Dag total : 29,0 pointsused - 0,0 bonuspointsaved
2. Week total: 11,75 bonuspointsaved

2 comments:

Sayre said...

Hey, Willow!

I don't know much about the points system, so I'm having to guess that you're doing well on sticking to your eating plan. At the bottom of your list, could you add whatever exercise you did and how you felt that day? Did you notice anything different? That's also a good way to stay motivated, besides having a list of food that you ate. Keep up the good work! And I hope you're feeling much better now!

Pandora Woman said...

Thank You for the suggestion. And I will do so. I start my excercise programme on 2 july, hoping I am 100% fit again by then.

if You look at the line below the "various" section, there is a line which tells people how many fat, water, milk, vegetables and fruit I have used that day. Just before that it says 29 points.

That is my total for a week for now, every time I lose 10 kilos it goes down with one point. So I started out with 31 points!

Twitter me!

    follow me on Twitter