Thursday 12 July 2007

Day 71 - 16 Charms & 3 Spacers (weightloss 3 lb or 1,4 kg)

was 27.2 St - is 24.4 --> Weightloss 2.8 st in 10 weeks

-------------------------------------
CLICK HERE to read my Blog in DUTCH
To comment on today's blog CLICK HERE
-------------------------------------

It is almost as if today is a day like all others in the last 10 weeks, BUT it is not. Let me summarise why it is NOT:

1. I lost 1.4 kg this week
2. I lost 17,6 kg in total, which means I can add another charm add to my bracelet (5th weight charm)
3. This is 10% of my total weight, which entitles me to a Weight Watchers key chain. When I reach my target I will get a small golden key, when I stabilise, I get a small golden star to hang on the key chain. To mark this occasion I bought a lovely silver and gold charm (5th weight charm).
4. i EARNED ANOTHER SPACER, As I have now trained a total of 185 minutes (3rd exercise spacer).


Weight Watchers tells me that losing 10% weight has the following positive results:
- reduces the risk of diabetes
- reduces high blood pressure, which reduces the risk of a heart attack
- reduces a high cholesterol count
- joints will be strained less
- more enjoyment in exercise, as it is easier to do. This results in burning extra fat reserves, and in turn reduces cholesterol.
I would not be able to tell you if all this is true for me, BUT I do know I feel extremely well, despite a small cold. I feel very well on a daily basis!

A Weight Watchers saying: A target is a dream with a deadline.

IN SHORT ALL OF THE ABOVE IS WORTH A SMALL CELEBRATION.

My next target is again a baby step. I want to go below 150 kg, which is another 5.2 kg. On October 6 I will go to visit my "sister" in Ireland for 11 days. This leaves me 11 weeks to get there. I wonder how much I will have lost by then. It is a good target to work for! As you see my motivation is still VERY high.

And yes. for the attentive blog readers: yesterday I crashed through my maximum points for the day. I know, I know! Weighing day at Weight watchers is something I go to after work, so there in no opportunity to have a proper dinner. By the time I get home it is usually after 8PM, and I will not eat after 8 PM. As I was hungry I had two candy bars after I weighed myself, I WAS hungry.

And then there is the "island" syndrome. Weight Watchers people know exactly what I mean. Between being weighed and the start of the new week there is a 10 to 12 hour no man's land or island which feels as if anything is possible. My first attempt to loose weight I usually had chips, or pizza, or crisps, or all of the above at the same time. Up to now I have not been bothered by the syndrome much and have been able to withstand it. However yesterday I had two additional snack bars, a measured amount of pringles light and some measured dip. As a result crashed through my maximum by 4 points. I enjoyed it very much, took my time to eat them, and have no regrets.

Today is a new week. And by 6 Am this morning I had done all my exercises. I have decided to augment my exercise schedule a little bit. On days off I will add a minimum of 5 minutes in total (2 x 10 minutes and 1 x 5 minutes). My upcoming long weekend will result in 100 minutes which is almost 2 spacers. perhaps I should up the ante for the exercise spacers as I get more active.

Tonight I am going to have pizza with a friend, which has been calculated in my daily totals as I will eat only half of it. The other two pieces will find their way to my freezer again.

In short, a new week looms!


Smoothies (2 x 2 dl)
2,5 points
-------------------------------------
1,0 p - 2,0 dl optimel yoghurt
0,5 p - 1, 0 dl optimel soft curd
0,0 p - strawberries
1,0 p - 90 gr. banana

Breakfast
5,00 points

-------------------------------------
1,00 p – 25 gr. rye bread
0,25 p - 25 gr. linera (25%)
1,75 p - 25 gr. cheese 30+
2,00 p - 1 frusi
3 glasses of water

Lunch
4,5 points

-------------------------------------
0,0 p - green salad
4,0 p - 100 gr. smoked salmon
0,5 p - 2 matzes
2 glasses of water

Diner
17,0 points

-------------------------------------
14,0 p - 0,5 pizza gorgonzola/salami
00,0 p - 2 cola light
1,00 p - 2 pieces of french bread
2,00 p - 20 gr. of herb butter

Various
2,0 points

-------------------------------------
2,0 p - 1 Candybar (WW)

*********************************************************************************
Day maximum: 29,0 points
6 glazen water (09:00 AM), 3 vegetable, 2 fruit, 1 fat, 2 calcium
1. Total bonuspoints used/saved: 31,0/0,0
2. Bonuspoints saved: 0,0 (2,0 needed)
3. Exercise total: 195 minuten/20 minutes today
***SUMMARY: watch waterintakel; save 2 points***

No comments:

Twitter me!

    follow me on Twitter