Saturday 11 August 2007

Dag 100 - 18 Charms & 8 Spacers

-------------------------------------
CLICK HERE to read my Blog in DUTCH
To comment on today's blog CLICK HERE
-------------------------------------

ONE HUNDERD DAYS



Today is day ONE HUNDRED. Amazing how fast and how easy it has been. I have no idea how long the whole process will take, that is losing 207 lbs, but however long it takes I know I will enjoy it very much. Because I enjoyed the first ONE HUNDRED!

Yesterday I went to the movies, and instead of doing the McDonalds thing, which by the way is not something which impossible while eating healthy, I created three lovely sandwiches right there in the cinema. In some secluded spot, out of the way of all the popcorn, crisps and chocolate counters, I created wonderful sandwhiches made of homemade rye bread and smoked salmon, chinese cabbage, onions and tomato. To prevent the sandwiches from getting soggy, I put them together then and there, all ingredients ready cut and prepared in little plastic bags. For desert we had a McDonald's fruit bag, and/or coffe for my friends.

In all a wonderful day, and one that made me feel good and content, but above all confident for the future.

Another interesting tit bit of information, for about three weeks now I am part of a mailcircle which sort of grew from a two people e-mail exchange. It is now 6 people in all, and at least once daily most of us mail all the others. Ranting, crying, laughing and cracking jokes, exposing the weaknesses we all know we have where food is concerned. It helps me stay focused, and to know why I want to change not only my appearance, but more so my health and eating habits.

And while I am on that subject, what things have I done to ensure I will not just kick the process half way?

1. Joined Weight Watchers
2. Visit every week to get weighed, AND stay for the meeting
3. Told every one I know of my endeavors, friends, family, neighbours
4. Appointed two mental coaches
5. Call my mother a lot, boring her with my triumphs and failures
6. Bought my Pandora bracelet and fill it with Charms and Spacers
7. Put the hometrainer in the middle of my living room, and USE it
8. Ensure that I always have the food I need in my fridge and freezer
9. Took my smoothie machine from the cupboard, cleaned it and put it on the counter
10. Bought 8 Weight Watcher's cook books
11. Bought a Weight Watcher's calculator and kitchenscales
12. ALWAYS take Weight Watcher's grocery guide with me
13. Use the keyhanger I got when I lost 10% of my total weight
14. Framed my first Weight Watcher's weighing card, put it on the mantle piece
15. ALWAYS wear my Pandora Bracelet, it is a constant reminder

I just know there are more things, but they are subtle, and are more changes in thoughtprocesses than anything. And don't think I can not write them down, as they are mostly subconscious.

smoothie (1 x 2 dl & 1 x 1 dl Kept for tomorrow))
3,0 points

-------------------------------------
2,0 p - 2 dl chocolate milk light
1,0 p - 1 dl coconutmilk
1,0 p - 90 gr. banaan
1 water

Brunch
9,5 points

-------------------------------------
3,0 p - 1 wasa sandwhich
2,5 p - 1 rye bread homemade
2,0 p - frusi
2,0 p - 2 meatloaf
4 water

Diner
7,25 points

-------------------------------------
5,00 p - 2 rye bread (homemade)
0,25 p - 5 gr. linera
1,00 p - 1 cs mayonaise
1,50 p - 40 gr. smoked salmon
0,00 p - fruitbag (McDonalds)
chinese cabbge, tomato, onion
2 water

Various
6,5 points

-------------------------------------
6,5 p - sundea with nuts and caramel (mcDonalds)
1 water


*********************************************************************************
Day maximum: 28,0 points
7 water (00:00 PM), 3 vegetable, 2 fruit, 2 fat, 2 calcium
1. Total bonuspoints used/saved: 26,25/2,75
2. Bonuspoints needed/saved: 0,0/6,75
3. Exercise total: 711 minutes/0 minutes cycling
***SUMMARY: Water 1 SHORT; Points needed 0,0; Extra excercise: ***

5 comments:

Lift Heavy Rock said...

A big congrats for hitting one hundred days. Sometimes, for me, the process seems to take forever...then I remind myself it is a lifestyle change and not a race to the finish line. I have to keep reminding myself that. If I get to an "end", it's almost like allowing myself to believe that I will one day return to my old habits.

Best wishes for the next 100 and beyond...

Pandora Woman said...

Now there is something I never really thought about untill now. Is there really an end to my road?

And the answer is NO, there should not be.

The one thing that will be adjusted is my food intake at some point. Now it is geared towards taking in less than my body needs to function. Stimulating it to make use of the fatreserves I have such a lot of.

Eventually when there are none I wish to get rid of anymore, I will go back to taking in dayly what I need to live. And I will have a chieved a healthy life, a balanced life.

So yes, you are absolutely right. There is no race against time, and there is no date when all this ends.

So what I will focus on is the day I can proudly realise that is is no longer a goal, but a way of living.

Strangely enough the phrase : "a goal is a dream with a dealine". suddely becomes ...useless, as there is no deadline? So the goal is NOT losing weight, but changing my life! Question which remains is when can I say: "yes I have changed my life for the better"?

Now there is a realisation I will give some thought. Thanks for your well wishes, and as I said in a comment on your blog.....

WOW!

Willow

Sayre said...

So... rather than say "I'm X away from my goal," we should be saying, "I am X into my new life!"

Joyce said...

Not only are you more organized than I am, but you are properly focused.
I didn't even think of the 100 day mark. That is an interesting way of looking at this weight loss journey we are on. Like Sayre said, we should be thinking not of how long we have to go to finish but of the progress we have made in and towards our new life. If I am thinking of this properly, it's a movement towards and inward, not away.
This is quite a paradigm shift you've prompted in me Willow!

Joyce said...

And I'm on day 150 now.
*shaking my head at my own foolishness for not noticing.

Twitter me!

    follow me on Twitter