Monday 20 August 2007

Day 110 - 18 Charms & 9 Spacers

-------------------------------------
CLICK HERE to read my Blog in DUTCH
To comment on today's blog CLICK HERE
-------------------------------------

I have started to notice something; even without books, or lists, or reminders my eating habit have changed such that its ingrained. I notice it especially when I shop for my lunch. I am geared towards a healthy set of fooditems to make up a complete meal. Without too much effort I combine vegetables, protein and carbohydrates, in such a way that my calorie intake is reasonable andmy stomach is happy. I go for pure tastes, strong and honest. I avoid sugars as much as I can, choose fish and chicken where I can, now and then inserting beanshoots of various kinds. I try and drink as much water as possible, choose green teas or Rooibos teas when I can, and avoid the fizzy drinks. I choose for unsweetened yoghurts if possible and use fresh fruit to add to them. I stir fry a lot more and fruit and vegetable make up the main bulk of my staple food. Pasta and rice are wholegrain, and I seldom succumb to the lure of heavy cream sausces. In the past a pasta dish had to include heavy cream-cheese sauces for it to be a real pasta dish. Though I do not ignore my sweet tooth completely, I keep a level head in the intake of things like chocolate, and candy. I seldom eat anything which is fried.

All of this, so it feels, has become matter of fact to me and I notice that there is a substantial shift from "losing weight"to "eating healthy". I enjoy learning what food is and does for me and my body. I feel fitter, healthier, more radiant, energized. My hair, skin, stamina, breathing, and sleep have benefitted greatly. I find the reward of healthy eating is NOT solely in the weight I lose, or perhaps it is not the most important benefit, I find I am proud of myself, proud to work on such a major shift in my life.

I will strive to make it permanent, and make it MY LIFE.

Having said all this, I wish to stress I am not suddenly a "healthy food" guru. I understand still too little about the subject, and have lots to learn. But in contrast to some months ago I wish to learn and I crave to learn, to understand how food can enhance my life, and make me happier healthier, where as before I was only interested in satisfying my stomach and my tastebuds, regardless of the fact if it was healthy for me.

Who would have thought that I would ever enjoy the pure taste of gorgeous wholemeal multigrain dark rye bread. NOT ME.~................................ ESPECIALLY NOT ME!

Breakfast
5,0 points
-------------------------------------
2,5 p - 2 slices rye bread
0,5 p - 10 gr. linera (8%)
1,0 p - 1 slice of sausage
1,0 p - 1 slice of chicken
0,0 p - leek beanshoots
3 water


Lunch
3,0 points

-------------------------------------
0,0 p - Green salad
3,0 p - Tuna and dressing
3 water

Diner
12,5 points

-------------------------------------
1,0 p - 1 cs aioli
2,0 p - 3 pieces of french bread
5,0 p - 100 gr parmaham
1,5 p - 1 tbs dressing
1,0 p - 1 cs olive oil
0,0 p - tomato, peppers, onion
2,0 p - 3 cs creme brulee
2 water

Various
0,0 points

-------------------------------------
3 water


*********************************************************************************
Day maximum: 28,0 points
9 water (08:00 PM), 3 vegetable, 2 fruit, 2 fat, 2 calcium
1. Total bonuspoints used/saved: 20,5/4,0
2. Bonuspoints needed/saved: 0,0/13,5
3. Exercise total: 828 minutes/15 minutes cycling (next spacer: 920)
***SUMMARY: Water OK; Points needed 0; Extra excercise: ***

Exercise schedule for thursday august 16th to wednesday 22nd

Thur 16 August 2 x 15 minutes (10 min 12.5 m/h & 5 min 15.5 m/h) --> 30 minutes --> 830 minutes 30 mins DONE
Fri 17 August 2 x 15 minutes (10 min 12.5 m/h & 5 min 15.5 m/h) --> 30 minutes --> 860 minutes 15 mins DONE
Sat 18 August 2 x 15 minutes + 2 x 5 minutes (10 min 12.5 m/h & 5 min 15.5 m/h)--> 40 minutes --> 888 minutes 22 mins DONE
Sun 19 August 2 x 15 minutes + 2 x 5 minutes (10 min 12.5 m/h & 5 min 15.5 m/h)--> 40 minutes --> 940 minutes 0 mins DONE
Mon 20 August 2 x 15 minutes (10 min 12.5 m/h & 5 min 15.5 m/h) --> 30 minutes --> 903 minutes 15 Mins DONE
Tue 21 August 2 x 15 minutes (10 min 12.5 m/h & 5 min 15.5 m/h) --> 30 minutes --> 903 minutes
Wed 22 August 2 x 15 minutes (10 min 12.5 m/h & 5 min 15.5 m/h) --> 30 minutes --> 903 minutes

Total for the week: 250 minutes
Total achieved for the week: 92 minutes



2 comments:

Sayre said...

I have noticed a similar trend with my taste buds... it makes it easier to make the right choices for my body when my taste buds prefer the good things!

Joyce said...

I agree with you and Sayre, Willow!
I craved crudite for lunch today. 4 tablespoons of hummus was treat enough in accompaniment. A ham "sandwich" on wasa crackers added more fiber and protein.
I just feel better. Clearer. Healthier.

Who knew THAT could become a craving?!

Twitter me!

    follow me on Twitter