Saturday 29 September 2007

FESTIVE Day 150 - 20 Charms & 9 Spacers

-------------------------------------
CLICK HERE to read my Blog in DUTCH
To comment on today's blog CLICK HERE

-------------------------------------

Next Charm 77.2 lbs



150 days.....and I am having a PARTY!!


My homemade WW cake: sponge, apple cider mousse, and rosehipcurd


3,5 point per person


Today my new healthy life is 150 days old, or is that young? And I have invited five very close friends to join me in the celebrations. These friends have been there for me through thick and thin, listened to all my weightloss and weightwatcher's stories, some of them more than once.

And so I planned a party with healthy and delicious snacks, a grand cake (following a ww resicpe, at only 3.5 points a slice, which is less than a slice of Grandma´s cake at 5 points). We enjoyed music, laughter, a little speech from me, played two games of Catan, had lost of fun, drank wine, whiskey Cream; in short it was a FANTASTIC. A party I will remember for a long while!

There were presents too, though I did not expect any. This was a thank you party for my friends to start out with. I was gifted a tweezers with an inbuilt light (who said I was vain?), two lovely blue candles (buy candles for me and I am a happy pyromaniac), a pandora Charm (!), and borrowed scales so I can weigh my suitcase when I leave for Ireland *grins at Ali*.


My geusts in alphabetical order were : Ali (movie musketet and household chores motivator), Fred (intellectual sparringpartner en going out to dinner buddy), Margreet (moviemusketet en cooking buddy), Tracey (mijn dutch (well sort of) mental coach) en Valentijn (friend extraordinaire en fellow RPer).


Margreet, Ali, Me andValentijn


Tracey, Me and Fred


The onehunderdandfiftydays represent two decisions in my life:
1. Healthy weightloss
2. Healthy living

Both decisions are mine alone, "on me tot" or as the french say "dans ce petite une". Healthy living is the most important of the two, but was not the first decicion, and as such healthy weightloss, which was my first decidion has become a by product. I want to be healthier, (even) more active, feel good and look good. In that order!

And eventhough the decisions are my own, I cannot do this on my own. I need my friends to talk to, share ideas with, share my triumphs and defeats. I need my frieds to ask me why I am not drinking my water, or why I have not blogged in a few days. I need friend to share my day to day adventure with, to tell them why I am doing it (because when I do I remind myself time and time again why) and in a way, I should be honest in that, to brag about how well I am doing

Inshort yesterday was a party FOR my friends, my anchors. I promised them that the Willow I once was will never return again; there is no way back, only a way forward to a healthier Willow.

And I am not ready thanking people just yet. There are many, many more people who support me, in simple, small or big ways. So here goes:

I want to mention Sayre and Joy, fellow bloggers leaving their comments on my blog, but also the Captain, Joke (de Irish Witch), Sandra, Spidey

And then there are the girls from the Mailgang, the WW group that formed itself spontaneously and keeps growing bigger and bigger (in contrast to the ladies in it), such as there are Peet, Naat, Cleo, Fre, Myrte, Maris, Chantal and Jessica. On a daily basis we share the trails and tribulations of losing weight, and terms like a chocolate drip are living their own lives *points at Peet and grins*.

I wish mention all the men and women I meet at the WW club every wednesday. Many of which I cannot tell you the name. But I can tell you some of their stories and how they touch me and make me feel as if I am not a freak. And of course the wonderful trio of ladies behind the table and at the scales, Joke our WW coach. A grand group of people and team.

The people at the office, who follow my steps on the healthy road day by working day. I want to mention Cecile especially, who offers me advice on healthy food, being the expert she is, living the healthy life for all her life. And so I have stopped using white pasta and polished rice, and additionally, when my alarmclock broke, I bought a mechanical one and not an electric one. And you know what, I sleep better!

My mother Riet, my sister Carin, and Marise, a friend of my mother's, Carin's neighbour, and many many more....so many I just cannot mention them all. I don't want to leave anyone out, so if your name is not in the list above, please know your attention and friendship is NOT unnoticed, and highly appreciated.

For ALL your support, listening ear and advice
THANK YOU SO VERY VERY MUCH!


The last part of this entry is my food report. It was a good day, except that I not drink enough water. Not nearly enough, and I made a big boo boo in drinking bubbel friss light. It was not that light at all and screwed up my daily points intake. It will teach me to read the nutrition lables and not to trust the word light that lightly!

Breakfast
0,0 points
-----------------------
2 water

Lunch
0,5 points

-------------------------------------
0,5 p - tasting smacks I made

Diner
9,0 points

-------------------------------------
4,0 p - 200 gr. rice
1,0 p - 1 dl coconut milk
2,0 p - 100 gr. chicken
0,0 p - Salad (chinese cabbage, tomato)
1,0 p - 1 el mayoline
1,0 p - 1 kl olive oil
0,0 p - onion, sugarsnaps, paprika
0,0 p - boemboe spices
2 water

Various
23,5 points
-------------------------------------
3,5 p - 1 herring
2,0 p - 0,5 bros chocolate bar
1,0 p - 1 dl chocolate custard (optimel)
2,0 p - 3 canapes
2,0 p - 3x egg and salmonspread on canapes
2,0 p - 8 hamrolls(apple, asperages and gurkins)
6,0 p - dubbelfris light (!!!! unforeseen, much too much points)
5,0 p - cake (WW)

*********************************************************************************

Day maximum: 28,0 points
4 water (11:45 PM), 3 vegetable, 2 fruit, 2 fat, 2 calcium
1. Total bonuspoints used/saved:33,0/5,0
2. Bonuspoints needed/saved: 6,5/0,0
3. Exercise total: 1117 minutes/00 minutes cycling (next spacer 1220 minutes)

***SUMMARY: Water tekort; Points needed 6,5; Extra excercise: -***

4 comments:

Sayre said...

What a lovely idea! Thanking your support group with party is wonderful! Because you know we can't really do it alone. We need people to cheer us on, remind us to stay on track, and pick us up when we fall off the wagon and into the mud (or the chocolate cake).

Congratulations on your decision AND for sticking with it. You look downright svelt in that picture with your friends. Keep it up!!!!

Kim Ayres said...

A fantastic achievement! Well done :)

Pandora Woman said...

Hey Sayre,

As ever one of the first to react, and as uou may have seen I mentined you as well, simply because of that reason

*hug*

Pandora Woman said...

Thank you Kim,

It feels so good to know that people read along with my blogger. I hope all is well. I proise tonight is blog night again. I will do my weekly rounds along the blogs.

*hug*

Twitter me!

    follow me on Twitter