Thursday 25 October 2007

Day 175 - 21 Charms & 9 Spacers (weightloss 2.4 lbs)

-------------------------------------
CLICK HERE to read my Blog in DUTCH
To comment on today's blog CLICK HERE

-------------------------------------

Next Charm 84.9 lbs

Disappointment is detrimental to progression and growth

Not my words but those of my boss. And he is right, so right. I have been feeling bad all week, instead of putting my efforts in being happy. I am too strict on myself. I have to learn and accept that it is not wrong to be human and find it hard to stick to my healthy ways ALL the time.

I know why I get that way. I am so afraid that if I let go for a moment, a day or several days, I will never get back on track and loose all control over my weight, myself. And so instead I prefer to rule myself with an iron fist. I have to stop doing that.


Relax..............................................

Relax, relax Willow! Which for those who did not know is my real name. And no it is not derived from the little gnome in the movie Willow, or the witch in Buffy, I am from way before those modern TV and cinema triumphs.

Relax, relax Willow. As much as it is impossible to never eat chocolate in my life again, so it is likewise impossible to be ALWAYS in control of my eating habits. I need to trust myself that I can pick up the thread where I dropped it.
EASILY

And this week proves it......I did. Because as the graph shows below. I gained 0.9 lb in my three week holiday, a mere trifle. *smiles a wide smile*

The race is on

I made the Weegclub challenge, but the race is on for the Weightwatcher's Christmas challenge I set myself. I have 8 more weeks to go to lose a total of 30.8 lbs. Over the past weeks I have lost 14.3 lbs. S0 16.5 lbs to go. That is very possible, and I will make it.

Also there is the delayed milestone 3. 83.7 lbs weightloss before 19 october 2007. I want to make that as soon as possible, and have about 4 lbs to go. Next week is a possibillity, distinctly so, because I am retaining extra water and body mass. My preiod is due any moment! So, watch this space next week at least..... Willow is hot! *thinks that sounds .........eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew*


Foodwise the full monty

This morning I did something revolutionary. I had my dinner like food in the morning for breakfast! It is an experiment, as the days get colder I find I need genuine sustanance at the start. And this food was in my fridge, and really needed eating or it would go of. As I have no idea what my plans are for the day, I decided to have it now, and base my day around it. The advantage is, it has all day to digest.

"Have breakfast like an emperor, lunch like a king, dinner like a pauper......."

This afternoon for lunch I will have a salad with some smoked chicken, which leaves my evening pretty much undecided. I may go to the movies, have some popcorn!

TGIF

This coming saturday I have a dinnerparty for my parents 12.5 wedding anniversary, and I will try to save up 4 points each day to cover the excess in food. It will give me more than enough leaway to have an enjoyable dinner party (24 points)

*******************************************

Breakfast
7,5 points
-------------------------------------
2,0 p - 250 gr. potatoes
1,0 p - 1 cs olive oil
4,5 p - veggieburger
0,0 p - 100 gr. sugar snaps
0,0 p - 2 apples
2 water

Lunch
7,5 points
-------------------------------------
7,5 p - 253 gr. sushi
2 water

Diner
8,0 points
-------------------------------------
2,0 p - 100 gr. rice
5,0 p - 120 gr. smoked salmon
0,0 p - mushrooms, sugar snaps
1,0 p - 1 cs olive oil
2 water
Diversen
2,5 points
-------------------------------------
1,0 p - chewgum
3,0 p - 2 chocolate bar (WW)
4 water


*********************************************************************************

Day maximum: 28,0 points
8 water (21:30 PM), 3 vegetable, 2 fruit, 1 fat, 0 calcium
1. Total bonuspoints used/saved:27,0/1,0
2. Bonuspoints needed/saved: 0,0/1,0
Exercise total: 1147 minutes/0 minuten fietsen (volgende spacer 1220 minutes)

***SUMMARY: water OK, TOO LITTLE CALCIUM; Points needed 0,0; Extra excercise: -***

1 comment:

Nona said...

Congrats on the weight loss!!! I loved this idea:

"Have breakfast like an emperor, lunch like a king, dinner like a pauper......."

My honey and I were just talking about the fact that we eat too much too late at night and that we both hate cooking in the evening because we are tired. So I think we will try to move our meals around based on this principle.

I understand the anxiety you were talking about at the beginning of your post. I think it is very easy to slip and stay down and understand the iron fist approach.

I think though that your conclusion is spot on, it is impossible to be in control all the time. Perhaps it is enough to have a plan of action for when we lose control so that we do not go to far down the road to self-destruction.

Btw. Willow is a very beautiful name.

Twitter me!

    follow me on Twitter