Tuesday 16 September 2008

503 WW & 44 FF days - Muscle pain -> WHooohoo I have muscles!

Three days beyond 500 Weight Watcher's days

Last night I received an official complaint. The muscles at the top of my hips near my lower back, as well as the muscles at the top of my upper legs near my knees are a wee bit.......affected. So to answer all of your questions: Did I stop? Heck NO!

BUT, I really was not happy two weeks ago. I really really felt cheated. Doing all that work and sticking to my healthy eating regime, and gaining weight! Dammit to heck! All your wonderful posts did help. And of course I know it not as simple as 2-1=1. So many factors play a part and I will never know what it was that made me gain that weight. All I know is I tried my best. And that is the thing I should remember, right?

For my cinqcentenntial anniversary I have decided the following. I will not post my eatingschedule any more. people have commentexd It just does not make any sense to them and it is frankly.........ver uninteresting, UNLESS youuse Weightwatchers too. I will still write for myself, but no longer post it here.

GOOD NEWS, WE NEED GOOD NEWS!

Good news was and is that by now I like the excercising so much that I just go regardless. And I have even upped the calorie burn. I am now to 1000+, kcal that is IF time allows because to do that I need about 3 hours, which includes training, cool down, steam room, relaxing and getting home. I try and do this twice a week on monday and sunday, and the other two times I stick to a 600+ kcal regime. It works well, and eventhough I have some muscle pain now, I feel good and content.

I have found out I am competative. Whenever I work out with friends I want to go higher, further, deeper and longer. As a result of always having logged around a lot of body weight my muscles are used to intese and heavy work, BUT as I found out they are not very good at the fast and fusious work outs. Give me a stairclimber with a lot of resistance and I am fine, I will keep on grunting untill I have done the minutes, ask me to burn a set amount of calories on a bicycle at low resistance and I fail. I am not good at the speed things, I get out of breath and even bored.

After yesterday's work put cycling to work this morning was a bit of a challenge, and slower than usual. And I could feel the strain in my upper legs. -grins- I was glad that several traffic lights forced me to stop and wait, giving me some slight repose.

Foodwise I am sticking to eating healthy, BUT also making sure I eat enough! With all this excercise the WW numbers need to be stretched considerably. So I eat more carbs, and try and eat even more vegetables. It proves hard, but I am doing my utmost not to grab the sweet stuff. On the 1000+ days I use up almost 2/3 of what WW advises me to eat, on 600+ days about half of the WW daily intake. So all in all I use up 2.5 days worth of more calories in a week. I would like them ALL to come out of my fat reserves, but it does not work that way really. So eat I more just to keep the motor going effectively.

Oh yes and there is good news as well, Last week, one week after my personal deepest disillusion I lost the weight I had gained the week before. This week I hope to get through the 140 KG/308 lbs barrier. I have been struggling with that one for a while. For christmas this year I have set a a challenging goal, well I think so at least, 129 kg/285 lbs. This means I want to lose 11kg/23 lbs in 14 weeks. This is 1.7 lbs a week. I promised myself to adjust this if it proves too challenging.

Tomorrow is my weigh in again. I will keep you all posted.

Oh, and as for my excercise regime:

28 min cycling -> 220 kcal
42 min tredclimbing ->560 kcal
22 mins Cross training -> 260 kal
8 mins walk (cool down) -> 50 kcal

100 mins -> 1090 kcal

3 comments:

Sayre said...

Wow, wow, Willow! Look at you go! I am so inspired by you and your excercising - I wish I could get into that as much. I'm sure part of it has been the feeling lousy for much of the summer, but a hint of fall is in the air now and that always gets me going. I also have a new dog to exercise, so there are NO EXCUSES for me!

I'm so proud of you for sticking to it. I understand (all too well) how hard that is some days.

Ali Molenaar said...

I am totally impressed by the amount of exercises. My collegue feels totally guilty and me too, by the way, because I don't have a lot of time (read: I wasn't out of bed early enough)
See you tomorrow (maybe)

Nona said...

What a workout!!! GO Willow GO!!! At that rate you are bound to get results sooner rather than later. Keep it up!!!

Twitter me!

    follow me on Twitter