Monday 22 October 2007

Day 173 - 21 Charms & 9 spacers

-------------------------------------
CLICK HERE to read my Blog in DUTCH
To comment on today's blog CLICK HERE

-------------------------------------

Next Charm 84.9 lbs


Well, did all my blog hopping for this week, all 26 links, and it was informative, fun, moving and INSPIRATIONAL. Thanks ALL!

-------------------------

I commented a blogpost by Iron man, and decided to just copy paste and edit it slightly using it for it as my blogpost for today!

Backsliding; you know one step forward, two steps back

Backsliding? I once lost close to 100 lbs and gained it back PLUS some 20 lbs!! So in a way I am curious myself how am I going to fight the backslide this time, as I have lost 80 lbs AGAIN.

So this time around I decided to approach losing weight from a different angle. I am eating healthy, and losing weight is an important by product, BUT not the main goal. As angelfish writes, many of use "larger than life" people use food to do more than just sustain us. We embrace it as our carer, protector, comforter, confidant, pacifier, anger manager, frustration boxing ball. In short for any kind of emotion imaginable there is a reason to eat.

The way I "tick"

I realised that I “tick that way”, and so I have very consciously tried to break that cycle. How? Well by promising myself ANYTHING as a reward BUT food.

1.My blogs: willowisheslesse.blogspot.com (English) willowishesless.blogspot.com (Dutch)
- it keeps me busy and that way keeps me from stuffing myself, or even worse hunting or thinking about what my next food item will be.

Anything but food as a reward

Just recently I bought two domains http://www.willowishesless.com/ and http://www.willowisheless.nl/, and as I already own http://www.willowishes.com/, I know I have some interesting tinkering to do in the months to come. Oh, clicking them will not get you anywhere, I have not worked on the websites yet.
But the idea is to use http://www.willowishes.com/ as my main website and the http://www.willowishesless.com/ as my weightloss site, with http://www.willowishesless.nl/ as an alias. See, I have BIG plans! And websites and domains do not gain me pounds in fat, but hours of fun!


2. My beautiful Pandora bracelet
I reward myself for good behaviour, aka weight loss, by adding to the charms on my Pandora bracelet. Additionally, it is there every moment of the day as I never take it off (except at customs, it made the security gate light up *grins*). Please take the time to read the two blogposts, it will explain what I mean so much better - read Day 68 and Day 55.

3. Anchors away!
I am using and abusing my friends, WW support group and family as anchors. I have even enrolled two life coaches, who monitor and read my blog. All of these wonderful people, which includes all the people who read this, and the people who comment on my own blog, some of which have never struggled with the "burden" of being overweight or in my case morbidly overweight, help me to remain focused, and keep me remembering I am not doing this for just a few weeks, or even months, but MY WHOLE FLIPPIN' WONDERFUL GLORIOUS LIFE. A life which, thanks to losing weight, stands a much better chance at lasting longer than it did before.

4. PLAN, PLAN, PLAN, PLAN!
I know that if I just live life from moment to moment that many of those moment are unhealthy ones, to the point where they endanger my future life. Because they will be chocolate moments, pork rind moments, French fries and doughnuts with whipped cream moments. Planning helps me to stay focussed, to realise and understand what I am doing and why I am doing it. It means I strive to be much more in control of my life, I live IT, IT does not live me.

Vacation BACSLIDE: can you say ......OUCH

Now having said all that I must tell you all I just backslid in a major way. Three weeks of holiday in a different country, where chocolate was EVERYWHERE around me. And yes, I have no one to blame but myself. At some point I stopped writing my blog (1), stopped planning (4) and just fell back to old habits. Without the support of my friends and family, my WW support group (3), I just started adding up all these "unhealthy moments" and I gained at least 3.3 lbs, and I fear a little more.

The greatest thing about all this is that upon coming home, everything fell back into gear, I had a good chat with myself, read my blog, started on my daily food journals again, and hey presto I am back on the road again for almost a week. The weight gain I will philosophically attribute to the "HOLIDAY", and accept that losing weight and eating healthy can also have "time off". Which leaves the question, did I backslide or just have a lovely holiday. I welcome all views on this, just leave a comment!

And so without too much trouble I found my way again, and am on track. THAT fact makes me very positive. It makes me realise I have by now TRULY changed my life, my habits and my perspective on life.

Wisdom-a-la-Dr.-Phil

As to words like focus and determination? I have decided to reread Dr. Phils book - the ultimate weight solution -. If you wish to read more on the dynamics of things like resolution, endurance, backsliding, habits changing, read this book!

When I read the book the first time some things stuck, but most just seeped out again. I am curious to know how my change in lifestyle effects my reading the book. Will I remember, recognise, utilise more and or different aspects from it? It will be interesting to see. I will when the time comes blog about it

Anyone else read Dr. Phil’s book on weight loss? Love to see your comments!

Breakfast
3,0 points

-------------------------------------
3,0 p - 1 WASA Sandwich
0,0 p - 2 apples
1 water

Lunch
7,5 points
-------------------------------------
6,0 p - 9 tbs porridge
1,5 p - 1 dl full fat milk (bought the wrong carton YIKES!)
1,0 p - 1 cs syrup
1 water

Diner
14,5 points
-------------------------------------
2,5 p - 250 gr. potatoes
9,0 p - 2 veggieburger
2,0 p - 20 gr. mayonaise light
0,0 p - sugar beans and soy sauce
1,0 p - 1 cs olive oil
3 water

Diversen
1,0 points
-------------------------------------
0,0 p - 1 apple
1,0 p - chewinggum
2 water


*********************************************************************************

Day maximum: 28,0 points
8 water (11:00 PM), 3 vegetable, 2 fruit, 2 fat, 1 calcium
1. Total bonuspoints used/saved: 26,0/20
2. Bonuspoints needed/saved: 7,5/8,0
Exercise total: 1147 minutes/0 minuten fietsen (volgende spacer 1220 minutes)

***SUMMARY: water OK; TOO LITTLE Calcium!, Points needed 0,0; Extra excercise: -***

8 comments:

Sayre said...

A most excellent post, Willow!!! And just as your vacation was a change from your regular working life - it can be a change from your regular eating life too. But when you get back, you go back to work AND back to eating the way you should. It sounds like you've got that step taken care of and you should have fairly smooth sailing from here out.

I started Dr. Phil ages ago and put it down. I think I still have the book somewhere - I'll have to dig it out again.

About your comment on my blog: Come back and visit again. I've written a whole post about your comment (kind of like what you did with IronMan's!).

Pandora Woman said...

*bolts for sayre's blog like a mad woman*

Lift Heavy Rock said...

I've had a fit finding your blog. Is willowwishesless.blogspot gone?

Pandora Woman said...

*looks suprised*

The one you post never existed, Sir William

willowwishesless.blogspot.com (mark the double "w") does NOT exist

The english one is: willowisheslesse.blogspot.com (one "w", the "e" is for english)
The dutch one:
willowwishesless.blogspot.com (one "w", no "e")

So I can imagine you could not find it. Sorry You had such a hard time!

TitanThirteen said...

Hi :o)
Thanks for visiting my blog :o)
You have done an awesome job with your weight loss! Have you visited Half The Man's blog? He has lost around the same amount as you, and still going. [His link is on my blog]
So what would you say keeps you going each day? Keeps you motivated?
I've read Dr Phils book, and i got a lot out of it at the time.
I bought the CDs of the book too. And i listened to them as i slept. That made some difference too :o)
I think i better go and find them, and start again - both the book and the CDs!

Kim said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for leaving such kind comments!! :) You have made my day!! Congratulations on the wonderful work that you have done - you look fabulous!! I promise to be stopping by to keep tabs on your progress!!!

p.s.
In answer to your question - I would be honored to have you add my little blog to your list!! :)

celtic_girl said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I first read your comments re the backsliding on Ironmans blog.I identified with everthing you said particulary the planning. For me not planning is planning to fail, its as simple as that.

I am also reading Dr Phil at the moment, but always get stuck at the goal setting page which I skip and then browse through the rest. He makes some very valid points.

I also agree with your no food reward system as it dosen't fix the overall problem.

Lyn said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog today ... sure it's ok to ad me to your list. That's what we're all here for to cry and laugh together and hopefully inspire eachother along the way.

Twitter me!

    follow me on Twitter